English II -Full Year
High School English II provides tools for students to achieve college-readiness in understanding and correctly using the conventions of standard English, with focus on literary techniques, vocabulary, and grammar. The course draws from literature classics to give students practice in identifying and incorporating these conventions.
Course topics include:
- Elements of Short Story
- Writing Science Fiction and Mystery
- Writing Biography, Autobiography, and Memoirs
- Grammar and Vocabulary
- Writing Personal, Expository, and Persuasive Essays
- Writing Persuasive Speeches
- Form, Language, Imagery, and Sound Devices in Poetry
- Drama – Comedy and Tragedy
English II is A-G Approved through the University of California.