English I - Semester B
The High School English I course provides a detailed investigation of literary techniques and devices using classics from American and English literature as examples. It explains how to recognize these techniques and to incorporate them into writing. It also presents strategies for expanding vocabulary through reading and provides focus on grammar skills for advanced writing.
Course topics include:
- Plot, Setting, Conflict, and Irony
- Characterization and Theme
- Point of View, Narrator and Voice
- Cause and Effect
- Autobiography, Memoirs, and Biography
- Persuasive, Expository, and Descriptive Essays
- Speech in Writing
- Elements of Poetry and Poetic Devices
English I is A-G Approved through the University of California.