AP Music Theory
This rigorous AP Music Theory course, taught by Ky Hascall, provides students with an in-depth foundation of music theory, including the elements of musical composition. It is an excellent preparation for students desiring a music-related career and for those planning to take the AP Music Theory exam. Course topics include:
- Music theory foundations
- Compound Meters and Minor Tonality
- Intervals, Triads, and Seventh Chords
- Counterpoint – Connecting Melodic and Harmonic Intervals
- Establishing the Two-Voice Composition
- Eighteenth Century Counterpoint
- Tones and Scales
- Diatonic Sequences
- Preparing for the AP Test
AP Music Theory has been audited and approved by the College Board.
AP Music Theory is A-G Approved through the University of California.